Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm going to Myanmar for mission trip..need your support~

Dear All,

Peace be with you! I hope that God is doing as many wonderful things in your life as He is in mine. With a grateful heart, I would like to share with you an exciting news: I will be joining a mission trip to Myanmar this coming May with a few brothers and sisters from other local universities, 8 of us in a team. It is organized by Malaysia Campus Crusade for Christ (MCCC) and we will be starting our ministry there from 16th May 2009 to 31st May 2009.

Frankly, making this decision wasn’t easy. Especially during my final year, where most of my time is occupied with all the intense lab work, thesis and presentations. At first I thought, this is really not a good time to go on a mission trip. But I'm not sure if there is ever a "good time" to go on a mission trip. And I could probably come up with a list of reasons why I shouldn't go, but I keep coming back to the one reason I should – God loves people.

I would really want to thank God that He has won me through the gift of salvation of my dad 2 years ago. Ever since then, my life is changed by Him as I have found the purpose in my life. He has shown me the greatest love by sending His Son, Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross. He has also given me hope and promised to walk with me, even in our hardest time, as in Psalms 23:4: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Now, God is giving me this opportunity to share His love with the people in other nations. I’m looking forward to reach out people, share gospel to them and witness how God works in them by changing their lives.

While God has opened up a door for me to develop a greater heart of compassion for His people around the world, the exciting part is that you will be able to share in this compassion in several ways. I need your prayer support. Please pray that God will prepare us for our visit and bless our efforts as we minister to the people in Myanmar. Pray that people will see the love of Jesus through us and will be touched in some way. My prayer is that this trip proves to be life changing for the people of Myanmar even more than for myself. I cannot accomplish this task alone, knowing that you are praying would mean a lot to me.


Besides, I would be glad if you would like to be part of this mission through financial support. A little, a lot, any would be great. During the next several months, I will be working very hard to raise the finances to go on this mission trip. I will need to raise a total of RM 2970.00 by 19th April 2009. This will include all expenses: airfare, ministry, accommodations, food, and transportation. Whether you feel led to contribute financially, through prayer, or both, all of your support is appreciated.

Thank you for letting me share with you what will be one of the most meaningful experiences of my life. I look forward to doing God's work in Myanmar and letting you know all about how God has worked through this team when I return in June. Thank you so much for your consideration. Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated!

In His service,
Li Yin


*p/s: If you would like to be part of my ministry (either prayer or financial support) , you can get a hold of me at:
Mobile: 012-9372703
Email: liyin2703@gmail.com
Or simply leave a comment here, i will get back to u then~Thanks!~~

No comments: